We combine sustainability and functionality such that ecological goals and user orientation form a unit. As a listed location, the Kurhaus Wiesbaden is thus faced with an additional challenge. We meet this with many smaller projects in the areas: resource management, energy efficiency, waste prevention and much more.
With ÖkoProfit (ECOlogical PROject for Integrated Environmental Technology), the state capital of Wiesbaden is promoting the conservation of resources and energy efficiency in companies. The advisory programme is thus making an important contribution to the environment and climate-protection and to reducing costs in the business. The cooperation project between the city and local business is, at the same time, a local network for sustainable management.
The Kurhaus Wiesbaden joined ÖKOPROFIT Wiesbaden in 2017 and the ecological optimisation of the business was recertified in 2021.
"We want to make the unattainable achievable by making events in our houses sustainable and unique for our customers in terms of economic and ecological aspects. ÖKOPROFIT is a benefit, both through the joint efforts for a liveable environment and for the good image of our companies. Recommendations are the result of positive experiences. Therefore, we recommend ÖKOPROFIT with the best conscience."
Kurhaus is consistently pursuing the path to sustainable building management. In addition to the continuous conversion to energy-saving technology, an important step was also taken towards process-based sustainable management.
Fairpflichtetis the sustainability code of the German-speaking event industry. Compliance with the EVVC/GCB sustainability code “fairpflichtet” is a matter of course for us:
- STRATEGY. Sustainable management means acting strategically, taking the lead and integration in the company processes.
- Sustainability is seen above all as an OPPORTUNITY; for solving the effects of business activity in the future and for the benefit of everyone.
- The "sustainable entrepreneur" feels responsible for their region and contributes to improving the COMMON GOOD.
- ECONOMIC ASPECTS in balance with ecology and social aspects are equal objectives for the long-term stability of the company.
- Responsible use of RESOURCES AND ENERGY means first prevent, second reduce and third replace with renewables.
- The "sustainable employer" practises a high level of SOCIAL COMPETENCE towards their employees, improves their qualifications and secures employment.
- Out of RESPECT for people, the “sustainable entrepreneur” advocates observance of human rights and is against every form of discrimination and corruption.
- OPENNESS is an attitude. Transparency of the sustainability measures is the consequence.
- Voluntary COMMITMENT to sustainability is a commitment to oneself that becomes the company’s aspiration.
- The "sustainable entrepreneur" makes INCENTIVES for rethinking and acting in order to involve employees and partners in a continuously improving sustainability process.
Waste prevention and waste sorting
Whether during set-up, de-rig or during the event – waste prevention and waste sorting affects all our service providers, partners, employees and visitors / guests. Our environmental management concept thus covers a wide range of areas and is based on intensive communication with the affected stakeholders.
Central location and sustainable arrival
The central location of the Kurhaus Wiesbaden enables visitors to reach conference hotels, shops and restaurants on foot as well as the extensive bus, regional and long-distance rail network. The Kurhaus is five bus stops from the main train station and can be reached on foot in about 20 minutes (one-and-a-half kilometres). An environmentally friendly arrival and departure is thus guaranteed for event organisers, visitors and employees.
The cooperation with Deutsche Bahn for so called “event tickets” also facilitates issuing a combi-ticket from the Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund (transport association) for our own event in the Kurhaus and thus contributes to improving the CO2 footprint, leaving private cars at home during events that last several days and relieving the traffic situation.
The rental bicycles can also be used for fast, spontaneous mobility in the city. One of the many mobility stations for bike-sharing is located at "Kureck" corner and is thus directly accessible.
Last but not least, a sustainability consultant trained by the GCB e. V. is available to help event planners with all questions relating to the organisation of green meetings. Get in touch with us!
- We raise our employees’ awareness for environmental protection and motivate them to support and be actively involved in the sustainable management process. We support them in doing so with regular information and further education.
- We comply with the laws and regulations as well as regulatory requirements and we are furthermore committed to continuously improving and expanding environmental protection in our business. In all environmental protection measures, we orientate ourselves on the best available and economically viable technology.
- We observe ecological and sustainable criteria when purchasing products and services – in so far as this is possible and economically justifiable. We encourage our suppliers to give environmental protection the same high priority that we do. We use our resources as sparingly as possible and pay attention to reusability.
- We cultivate an open, objective dialogue on environmental issues in our operations with our business partners, neighbours, the authorities and members of the public who are interested, and we are open to suggestions for improvement.
- We want to be a model for our industry with our operational environmental protection and want to communicate this proactively.